These Terms & Conditions are continued from the online DAN World Membership & Insurance Application
Availability of services and benefits for evacuation or injury insurance commences on acceptance of an application for membership of DAN World. The applicant is required to complete the application fully and in good faith and with appropriate and full disclosure of any predisposing medical condition, pre-existing condition or previous decompression illness.
No cover is provided for any evacuation, medical, paramedical or other injury benefits resulting from or materially contributed to, directly or indirectly by any diving or other activity in which the applicant engaged prior to and up to the time of acceptance of the application by DAN World, regardless of the date on which any claim for cover is made by or on behalf of the applicant.
Provision of Dive Injury Insurance is dependant upon the acceptance of your application for insurance by Honan Insurance Group Pty Ltd (ABN 67 005 372 396 AFSL246749) (“HIG”). The Dive Injury Insurance Plans are issued by AIG Australia Limited (“AIG”) (ABN 93 004 727 753 AFSL 381686) in consultation with HIG and subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. HIG has appointed DAN World Ltd (ABN 55 324 165 878) (“DAN”) as its authorised representative (AR No. 269 340) to arrange the Dive Injury Insurance Plans.
Your DAN coverage confirmation email will be provided as evidence of your Cover and will detail the date on which your cover commences and the date it will also expire. Until this time you are not insured.
NOTE: Applicable fees and taxes are included in the prices of all memberships and insurances in Australia, as appropriate.
General Advice Warning – It is important that you understand and are happy with the policy DAN World can arrange for you. DAN World can give you general information to help you decide but cannot advise you on whether the terms are specifically appropriate for your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. DAN World therefore recommends that you should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement, Target Market Determination, and other information DAN World provides before deciding.
Before you enter into a contract of general insurance with an insurer, you have a duty, under the Insurance Contracts Act 1984, to disclose to the insurer every matter that you know, or could reasonably be expected to know, is relevant to the insurer’s decision whether to accept the risk of the insurance and, if so, on what terms.
Your duty, however, does not require disclosure of matters:
- that diminish the risk to be undertaken by the insurer,
- that are of common knowledge,
- that your insurer knows or, in the ordinary course of its business, ought to know, or
- as to which compliance with your duty is waived by the insurer.
If you enter into a contract of insurance on behalf of any related subsidiary or related company of the named insured, that subsidiary or related company has the same duty of disclosure as the named insured. You agree to act on behalf of all insureds under this insurance.
If you fail to comply with your duty of disclosure, the insurer may be entitled to reduce its liability under the contract in respect of a claim, or may cancel the contract. If your non-disclosure is fraudulent, the insurer may also have the option of avoiding the contract from its beginning. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR DUTY APPLIES ALSO WHEN YOU RENEW, AMEND, ALTER, VARY OR ENDORSE A POLICY.
UTMOST GOOD FAITH
Every insurance contract is subject to the doctrine of utmost good faith, which requires that parties to the contract should act toward each other honestly and fairly, avoiding any attempt to deceive in assuming and performing contractual obligations. Failure to do so on the part of the insured may permit the insurer to refuse to pay a claim or to cancel the policy.
Product Disclosure Statement
A Product Disclosure Statement is available for this product. You should obtain a copy of the PDS and consider the statement before making any decision about whether to acquire the product. To obtain a copy of the PDS contact DAN World or haga clic aquí to download a copy.
By submitting this form the proposed Insured Person states as follows:
- All Applicants for insurance in this form are Australian Nationals or will legally reside in Australia for at least one year.
- I am the Insured Person and I have read and understood the questions in this form. In particular I understand the Duty of Disclosure to the Insurer as outlined on this website.
- I acknowledge that the Insurer will rely on the statements in this form and other qualified persons in relation to this insurance in deciding whether to issue cover. I acknowledge that the Insurer will have no liability whatsoever until it accepts this application.
- I declare that each statement that I make to the Insurer in relation to this insurance and this form is true and correct. I acknowledge that the information requested and contained in this form will be held in accordance with the Privacy Act1988 (Commonwealth).
- 5. I declare that I have read the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide and agree to the conditions outlined.